If you are a marble lover, you might have decorated your home with various marble furnishings. But are you maintaining it properly and using appropriate products like a concrete polisher to clean the marble? If not, your marble furnishings might have already lost their shine. It might be due to various reasons. If you are not sure, we have mentioned some common reasons why marble loses its shine over time for you. But the good news is that you can easily get the shine back on marble. We have mentioned some points to help you.
Reasons why your marble loses shine?
- You are using mops or wipes that are extremely wet to clean your marble décor.
- You are dipping your cleaning clothes in substances like wax, chemicals, and other such solvents and using it on marble to clean them.
- You are not using appropriate concrete polisher and making use of store-bought products and solvents.
- You are making use of home remedies to clean your marble décor with vinegar, lemon, milk, etc.
- You are using cold or regular water continuously and not appropriate products to clean your marble cabinets and other furnishings.
- Your marble furnishings are tolerating heavy machinery or furniture.
- You are not using specialized machines to clean or mop your marble furnishings.
Things you should ensure while cleaning marble décor to get the shine back
- To bring the shine back on your marble, ensure that you are not using any acidic substances, even those with natural acids. This is because they can easily make the marble dull.
- Making use of a marble polisher in Australia also helps as it helps in getting the marble’s shine back while cleaning.
- Ensure that you are using warm water while cleaning marble floors as cold water can adversely affect the marble. You also have to ensure that you are cleaning properly and that there is no remaining residue.
- Avoid using cleaning products or solvents that contain alkaline like lemons, etc. This is because your marble sealant can easily be degraded through these acidic products.
- To avoid getting water spots on your marble tops, do not let the water or any liquid sit on the top for long. Use a polisher or a cleaner to clean the liquid immediately.
- To ensure that your marble furnishings are not getting damaged easily, ensure that you are getting your marble furnishings sealed properly to avoid problems from spillages or heavyweights.
- Ensure that you are using products that are specifically designed for marble cleaning and maintenance. This will help ensure that the marble gets its shine back and does not lose it again.
- Avoid using hard brushes or scrubbers. Instead, use materials like soft clothes or tissues while cleaning marble décor.
- Ensure appropriate polishing of your marble furnishings from time to time to ensure that it does not lose its shine quickly.
- Do not use materials that are made of hard or heavy substances. Ensure softer products.
These are some common reasons why marble loses its shine over time and ways to get it back. To not lose the shine and make it look as good as new, you should do all the necessary and use only products and solvents that do not harm the marble. If you are not sure about maintenance and cleanliness, you should hire a marble polisher in Australia to ensure the best for your marble furnishings. If you want the best for your marble furnishings, ensure that you are carefully inculcating the above-mentioned above. If you ensure so, you will get the shine back on your marble furnishings in no time!